- San Francisco, CA
The San Francisco Chronicle has an opening for a digital editor and web producer for a new online product focused on arts and entertainment in the Bay Area.
Successful candidates will be detail-oriented fans of the arts from television to movies, classical music to theater and more. This editor will curate and manage a calendar-rich website designed to surface new and interesting things happening in the region. The right candidate will be passionate about entertainment and possess audience-development skills that will draw new readers to the Datebook site, with a focus on putting the spotlight on The Chronicle's coverage from a team of critics and writers. The ability to collaborate with the Datebook staff as well as other departments, and keen news judgment is essential.
We're looking for a person who thrives in a deadline driven environment and is willing to adapt with the ever-evolving digital journalism landscape. Intrapreneurs with proven experience in building and scaling new brands is a plus as this editor will work closely with Datebook's top editors on reimagining how the department's content can better serve its diverse community.
- Manage the Datebook website and branded social channels to promote the most engaging content while also surfacing new and interesting events.
- Compile and format information from local arts and entertainment institutions, venues and other sources for well-curated and diverse Datebook calendar listings, with a goal to help readers discover -- or rediscover -- the Bay Area.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams to advocate for product improvements that will attract a wide audience to the online home of Datebook.
The ideal candidate has:
- A college degree and three years' experience in digital media;
- A proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail, and an obsession with quality and consistency;
- Curiosity and knowledge about pop culture, arts and entertainment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to holistically manage a new product with an eye toward developing new audiences;
- Knowledge and experience of working on digital platforms and familiarity with online analytics;
- Experience with social media and willingness to try new platforms to maximize readership.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. The San Francisco Chronicle delivers news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
Join our Team!
Back to top