Demand Generation Manager
Hearst Bay Area is seeking a Demand Generation Manager to drive our lead generation efforts. This critical role drives revenue by planning, executing, generating content, developing integrated marketing campaigns based on cost per lead, and analyzing results. The DGM will be a data-driven expert with a keen understanding of B2B sales who can deliver creative, scalable marketing programs that drive revenue. You’ll spearhead impactful growth and acquisition programs while partnering closely with sales and marketing stakeholders. An understanding of the content marketing/advertising/media landscape is key while taking programs from concept to execution.
The right candidate is someone who knows how to run integrated campaigns including email marketing, webinar, and lead nurture tactics. Most important, you are excited about the massive shift in advertising, and are eager to play a part in shaping it. This position will build a demand generation team supporting Hearst StoryStudio, 46 Mile digital agency, and a direct sales team of over 40 account executives selling a broad array of solutions for potential clients in the Bay Area as well as nationally.
- Develop lead generation/campaign program objectives, goals, and metrics, and define best practices, standards, and processes to drive successful customer acquisition.
- Integrated Campaign Development: Execute an integrated mix of email, digital, lead-nurturing and content marketing campaigns for global lead generation, including emails, landing pages, calls-to-action, and content.
- Provide support for webinars, conferences, and events to drive lead creation and nurture, manage logistics, and track success metrics.
- Lead Nurture: Manage lead nurturing programs to accelerate prospect movement through the demand generation funnel.
- Marketing Automation: Ensure that we optimize marketing automation best practices to attract and guide qualified leads through our buying process.
- Campaign Calendar: Maintain calendar of all demand generation programs, budgets, and metrics to optimize awareness and lead generation efforts.
- Targeting/Segmentation: Segment target audiences based on business verticals
- Sales Support: Continuously collaborate with the sales team to review and analyze activities and processes to refine the marketing mix and budget spend.
- Lead Generation Workflows: Define lead flow processes and work with Sales to optimize interdepartmental service level agreements; optimize system architecture and program workflows in Salesforce to support Sales/Marketing processes.
- Reporting and Metrics: Track and report on demand generation performance metrics globally for Sales and Marketing, using this data to continually optimize campaign performance.
- 5+ years of digital marketing with 3+ as a people manager
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with marketing automation software (Marketo, HubSpot, Act-On, etc.) and Salesforce
- Demand generation experience including email marketing, lead nurturing, and marketing automation.
- Advanced experience building a highly scalable, high-performing demand generation engine using both outbound and inbound (SEO, PPC, re-targeting, social) tactics
- Enthusiasm for data-driven marketing and demonstrated analytical ability
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills (e.g., compelling/engaging campaign messaging, web copy, email copy, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- This is a hands on role, a successful candidate can roll-up their sleeves while building the team
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top