The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for an experienced Sports copy editor versatile enough to be a strong component of a semi-universal desk (Features, News, Business).
- Willing and able to fill in as a backup copy chief (slot) and has the news judgment and disposition to fill in as the A1 night editor;
- Edit stories for grammar, style, consistency and facts; check metadata and SEO headlines;
- Ability to write or improve clear, accurate, creative, appropriate and specific headlines and cutlines (display type), while upholding the highest standard of journalistic ethics and balance;
- Remains calm and respectful under pressure -- especially if having to work directly with writers -- and communicates effectively under the duress of deadlines, breaking news, changing news and desk priorities;
- At least five years at a metro daily;
- Schedule: Weekend and/or holiday work expected.
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top