Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Would you like the opportunity to work with world-class journalists at one of San Francisco’s most iconic media brands?
The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for an energetic, versatile, part-time Administrative Assistant to produce top-quality work. This is a key job in the newsroom and the right candidate will be expected to perform a multitude of tasks as disparate as answering calls that come into the newsroom, processing comics and performing transcription. This is a job with potential for advancement, but also requires someone who can multitask and help with office operations. Attention to detail is key.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Answering newsroom calls and assisting callers with tip submissions, general inquiries or transfers
- Checking general newsroom email and voicemail inboxes, directing inquiries to the appropriate person or department
- Ordering office supplies as needed
- Transcribing interviews
- Assisting with special projects
What will you need to be successful?
- BA/BS degree or the equivalent in related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of Bay Area news
- A willingness to adapt and enthusiasm for learning and developing skills
- Strong social media expertise
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, promptness and dependability
- Ability to multi-task and handle a broad range of responsibilities
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
The San Francisco Chronicle has two brands that uniquely position it to be the dominant media voice in the Bay Area. The San Francisco Chronicle, print and online, is a premium subscription destination, featuring world-class journalism, award-winning reporters, in-depth analysis and commentary, investigative reporting, feature stories and columnists. SFGate is the free, go-to destination for anyone looking to get purposeful, fast and immediate breaking news, or a quick taste of what is happening in San Francisco at any given moment.
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Assistant Managing Editor, Lifestyle
Kitty's Lifestyle Team caters to Chronicle readers' hobbies and interests. By brainstorming with her reporters, Kitty helps create a Lifestyle section that reflects the amazing things the Bay Area has to offer.
Back to top