We are looking for an Account Manager to join the team in our North Bay office. The Account Manager will partner with a designated Account Executive(s) to ensure seamless campaign execution while providing a high level of client service support for Advertisers and Agencies on sold deals. The right individual will be responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing advertising campaigns of various cost structures within our product suites to help drive revenue. This position involves working strategically with sales and advertisers/agencies to have a thorough understanding of campaign objectives and success metrics, as well as owning the post-sales fulfillment activities. The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter who has a high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills, a knack for reporting and interest in Excel, and the capability to interpret data in order to provide suggestions to improve campaign performance.
- Have a deep understanding of the features, benefits and capabilities of digital media and print products
- Understand how SF Chronicle and SFGate.com's products will achieve ROI for clients, including target demographics, DMA, search, and relevant marketing KPI's
- Assist in building sales decks, proposals, and sales collateral for client meetings and presentations
- Proactively support external clients with troubleshooting questions, issues and communication throughout the campaign life cycle
- Maintain close relationships with advertisers/agencies to ensure customer retention and renewals
- Work side by side with Account Executives to assist with up-selling advertising solutions, recommend optimizations and execute client needs
- Work with the internal teams (Planning, Ad Products, Marketing, Trafficking) on ensuring campaign requirements are implemented successfully
- Consistently and accurately input data into our CRM system
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and deadlines.
- Actively participating in all company and department meetings
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of Account Management, Sales, or Marketing experience
- Strong background working with clients face-to-face in a customer service role
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail, maturity, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to function and operate well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding computer skills, passion for the Internet and media sales, knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce a plus), knowledge and demonstrated ability to work with standard business software suites including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top