Account Executive - East Bay
Account Executive - East Bay
You don’t need to cross the Bay Bridge for a great digital media sales career opportunity. Located in Alameda, our East Bay sales team has a spot on its roster for a smart, motivated and high-performing Account Executive. As an account Executive at Hearst Bay Area (San Francisco Chronicle/SFGATE) you’ll be responsible for managing and closing opportunities with businesses located in Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance specifically prospecting for new business and upsell with an existing account base and delivering results against quota. Sound like you? Read on…
What you will do
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a monthly basis
- Continually build pipeline of new business and upsell opportunities
- Become an expert on Hearst digital and print products/services and conduct discovery calls and presentations with prospects and customers
- Develop and manage relationships with prospects and accounts in Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties
- Demonstrate and sell value to key stakeholders within the accounts during fast moving as well as varying complexity of sales cycles
- Work in a team-selling environment with experienced Account Managers and a Digital Sales Strategist and apply appropriate resources to opportunities
What you need
- Experience selling to local businesses and organizations at varying levels
- 1-2 years’ digital media sales experience; SEM, SEO, Social preferred. Digital display and print a plus.
- Track record of success selling into multi categories of retail businesses and professional services
- Technically savvy; thorough understanding of a related technology
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Skilled in live and virtual presentations, online web demos, and remote sales processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
About Hearst Bay Area
Hearst Bay Area, Northern California’s largest news media and services group, connects businesses large and small with their target audience, through a comprehensive suite of multi-touch solutions unmatched by local competitors.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco and the Bay Area has always been a city and market on the edge - of technology, thought, food, and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360-degree view of the Bay Area, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that reads the temperature of San Francisco's moods, trends, and interests, and shares it with the world.
Join our Team!
Meet Some of San Francisco Chronicle's Employees
Stephanie’s main responsibility is working with the Chronicle’s subscribers to make sure they know all of the amazing perks that come with their subscription so that they renew time and time again.
Back to top