Senior Individual & Planned Gifts Officer - Zoo
It all began with a ROAR 100 years ago!
San Diego Zoo Global is a conservation organization dedicated to the science of saving endangered species worldwide. San Diego Zoo Global operates three world-class facilities: the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research. Our organization’s vision - we will lead the fight against extinction.
Help us to make a difference for wildlife and begin your adventure with a career at the San Diego Zoo Join the dedicated crew who are passionate about what they do and strive to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. Share your knowledge, skills and commitment to provide GREAT Customer Service and be a part of the ROAR with San Diego Zoo Global!
Are you ready to start your adventure and put your Passion for Wildlife to Work?
Destination – Development department
Duration of your adventure – Year round
Seats (positions) available - 1
Attire while on adventure- The Society has a very conservative grooming policy. Tattoos may not be visible or must be appropriately covered while on duty. Jewelry may be worn if it does not detract from a well-groomed look or create a safety hazard. No facial or tongue piercing.
Amenities - Located at the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, this adventure offers ZOO Perks which include discounts on food/premium products, free and discounted admission to local attractions, and accrual of vacation and sick time (exception for some grants and Summer Fellowships).
(Non-union position) Salary is commensurate with experience
Requirements for this adventure include:
The Senior Individual and Planned Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects to secure financial resources to meet the Zoological Society of San Diego’s immediate and long-term priorities. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, related field or equivalent specialized training or experience is required. Applicants must have experience in fund raising and experience in the development field with knowledge of solicitation strategies and the Moves Management process. An example of experience would be 3 or more years. Excellent verbal/written communication skills are necessary. Selected candidate must be able to work evenings and /or weekends. A good driving record and a valid driver license is required.
Deadline to submit your application for adventure:
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Applications must be submitted online by 9:30 pm Pacific Time
San Diego Zoo Global is a smoke-free workplace
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS AN
EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
The Senior Individual Gifts Officer performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Senior Individual Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospects to secure financial resources to meet the SDZ Global’s immediate and long-term priorities; this position will work closely with the major gifts team, volunteers, and committee members as well as donors and prospect. This position reports to the Associate Director of Individual Gifts.
- Manage dedicated portfolio of 125 donors and prospect
- Works with volunteers such as foundation directors and committee members
- Develop strategies for solicitation of major gifts
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit donors for gifts of $25,000 and up
- Maintain continuous relationship with prospects/donors
- Recommend specific designation and level of gift for solicitation
- Identify individuals involved in solicitation and stewardship
- Participate in other fund-raising activities as needed
- Meet financial goals of campaign with respect to major gifts
- Safeguard the confidentiality of development information at all times
- Adheres to the organization’s policies and practices
- Exemplifies the highest standard of work ethics
- Practices the GREAT Customer Service Standards
- Propose strategies for solicitation of major gifts including determination of ongoing relationship with prospect/donor
- Assure that solicitation is complete
- Provide detailed tracking and reporting on prospect and donor contacts
- Maintains a variety of contacts in order to respond to inquiries and requests and to effectively coordinate activities
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Examples of representative qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field or equivalent specialized training; experience in fund raising; several years experience in the development field (an example would be five or more years experience); valid California driver license.
- Solicitation strategies
- Moves Management
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Develop cultivation strategies
- Write and track proposals
- Meet short and long-range goals
- Work effectively with others
- Analyze and utilize database information
- Office environment and in the field.
- Moderate walking, standing or lifting approximately 25-35 pounds; ability to travel.
ALL EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING A DRUG SCREEN.
SOME EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING PRE-PLACEMENT TESTING.
Back to top