Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer - Zoo
It all began with a ROAR 100 years ago!
San Diego Zoo Global is a conservation organization dedicated to the science of saving endangered species worldwide. San Diego Zoo Global operates three world-class facilities: the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and the San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research. Our organization’s vision - we will lead the fight against extinction.
Help us to make a difference for wildlife and begin your adventure with a career at the San Diego Zoo Join the dedicated crew who are passionate about what they do and strive to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. Share your knowledge, skills and commitment to provide GREAT Customer Service and be a part of the ROAR with San Diego Zoo Global!
Are you ready to start your adventure and put your Passion for Wildlife to Work?
Destination – Development department
Duration of your adventure – Year round
Seats (positions) available - 1
Attire while on adventure- The Society has a very conservative grooming policy. Tattoos may not be visible or must be appropriately covered while on duty. Jewelry may be worn if it does not detract from a well-groomed look or create a safety hazard. No facial or tongue piercing.
Amenities - Located at the San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park, this adventure offers ZOO Perks which include discounts on food/premium products, free and discounted admission to local attractions, and accrual of vacation and sick time (exception for some grants and Summer Fellowships).
(Non-union position) Salary is commensurate with experience
Requirements for this adventure include:
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects to secure financial resources to meet San Diego Zoo Global’s immediate and long-term priorities. Bachelor's degree in English, Business, Finance, related field or equivalent specialized training is preferred. Applicants must have experience in the Development field with knowledge in fund raising. An example of experience would be at least 1 to 2 years. Grant writing experience is highly desirable. Excellent verbal/written communication skills are necessary. Selected candidate must be able to work evenings and/or weekends. A good driving record and a valid driver license is required.
Deadline to submit your application for adventure:
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Applications must be submitted online by 9:30 pm Pacific Time
San Diego Zoo Global is a smoke-free workplace
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
SAN DIEGO ZOO GLOBAL IS AN
EEO/AA/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN EMPLOYER
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer performs all job assignments with a positive attitude that supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects to secure financial resources to meet the SDZ Global’s immediate and long-term priorities. This position reports to the Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
- Manages dedicated portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and prospects
- Applies strategies for solicitation of corporate and foundation grants
- Researches program/project content, works with content experts and follows guidelines to craft proposals for corporations and foundations
- Writes persuasively and accurately
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates and solicits corporate and foundation donors
- Establishes continuous stewardship relationship with prospect/donor, including creating impactful grant reports and providing timely acknowledgement
- Accurately interprets and adheres to guidelines and timelines required by a variety of funders
- Participates in other fund-raising activities as needed
- Meets financial goals of campaign with respect to corporate and foundation grants
- Safeguards the confidentiality of development information at all times
- Adheres to the organization’s policies and practices
- Exemplifies the highest standard of work ethics
- Performs consistently above the organization’s performance standards
- Practices the GREAT Customer Service Standards
- Proposes strategies for solicitation of corporate and foundation gifts including determination of ongoing relationship with prospect/donor
- Writes persuasive proposals and stewardship reports
- Assures that solicitation is complete
- Provides detailed tracking and reporting on prospect and donor contacts
- Maintains a variety of contacts in order to respond to inquiries and requests and to effectively coordinate activities
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Examples of representative qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in English, grant writing, business, finance, nonprofit management, or a related field or equivalent specialized training; experience in grant writing and corporate and foundation fund raising; several years experience in the development field (an example would be five or more years experience); valid California driver license.
- Grant writing
- Corporate and Foundation solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Write persuasively
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Write and track grants
- Meet short and long-range goals
- Work effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Use word processing systems
- Analyze and utilize database information
- Office environment.
May be required to travel.
ALL EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING A DRUG SCREEN.
SOME EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON PASSING PRE-PLACEMENT TESTING.
Back to top