We are a place that enables and celebrates connection and connectivity between brands and their customers. Every member of our team is passionately and relentlessly committed to driving our clients’ business forward in everything we do.
We are agency owners, partners, and leaders who love the agency business.
We have each built and led successful agencies for years. And now that we’re together as Sandbox, we have so much more to offer.
Sandbox Chicago is looking for a Studio Manager. The Studio Manager is responsible for acquiring accurate, competitive and comparable print quotes as well as coordinating print production and fulfillment of all print pieces. The Studio Manager is responsible for negotiating costs and purchasing all artwork and photos for the Agency, coordinating photography and illustration projects with the Creative team's’ input and ensures that all costs are within budget, legal issues are covered pertaining to usage rights and all digital assets are organized and maintained in the server. The Studio Manager also ensures the electronic production staff is providing efficient high-quality graphic implementation, prepress quality control, mockups, and archiving for Sandbox.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages all print production from start to finish
- Work with Art Directors and Producers to determine needs and priorities
- Requests bids, specs, and die templates from vendors
- Attend pre-production and pre-bid meetings
- Coordinates all aspects of photo shoot or illustration projects for purposes of leverage in negotiations and budget management
- Work with Producer team to ensure on time releases and delivery
- Check press proofs and maintain vendor relationships
- Ensure proper staffing of the Studio to execute jobs on time
- Prepares Purchase Orders for all print jobs and premiums
- Oversee maintenance of archiving and server clean up
You must have a Bachelor's degree in design and at 5+ years in production/studio management, art buying and work flow to be considered.
Back to top