Social Media Strategist
Sandbox is a connective agency.
We are a place that enables and celebrates connection and connectivity between brands and their customers. Every member of our team is passionately and relentlessly committed to driving our clients’ business forward in everything we do.
We are agency owners, partners, and leaders who love the agency business.
We have each built and led successful agencies for years. And now that we’re together as Sandbox, we have so much more to offer.
Sandbox is looking for a Social Media Strategist to add to our team. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial approach and a passion for excellence in order to collaborate as part of an integrated account team while leading integrated social media campaigns for assigned accounts.
This individual can sit in either our Kansas City or Des Moines office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with account management and media teams, develop paid and organic social media strategies for assigned accounts
- Implement, monitor and optimize social media programs according to established strategies and tactics
- Support growth of paid social advertising across major social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Identify and test emerging social platforms, such as SnapChat and Instagram
- Create advanced targeting programs to segment and pinpoint identified target audiences
- Lead content calendar and asset development while working with creative and copywriting teams
- Develop ad testing programs to create actionable insights that can be used to optimize future campaigns
- Ensure social media strategies and tactics are consistent with over-arching integrated marketing strategies and are optimized across multiple channels including desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Utilize native and third party social media tools for monitoring, reporting and publishing on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Develop relevant analytics reports, including analysis and recommendations across all channels for defined programs
- Conduct audits of client’s existing social media marketing efforts and develop strategies and tactics for optimization
- Monitor and analyze identified competitors’ social content and performance
- Stay up-to- date and maintain a high level of expertise in digital technologies and marketing trends
- Develop written documentation such as proposals, presentations, client case studies and project briefs as needed
- Maintain awareness of platform updates and best practices, assist in ongoing employee education
You must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience developing strategic marketing campaigns/tactics within a marketing, PR and/or advertising agency environment, as well as experience developing content for both organic and paid social media efforts, in-depth understanding of scheduling, targeting and tracking capabilities within social platforms, experience utilizing a content marketing approach – from content planning and keyword research, through creation and sharing across a wide spectrum of channels is required. An understanding of the impact of social media across digital marketing channels and the ability to discuss its value and ROI for both consumer and B2B clients, along with demonstrated experience creating valuable reports to showcase ROI on integrated marketing campaigns through the use of web analytics software (such as Google Analytics), social media platforms (such as Facebook Insights) and reporting software (such as Domo) is preferred.
Meet Some of Sandbox's Employees
From strategic branding to mainstream marketing, Soyoon guides Sandbox’s Creative Teams and artistic vision to elevate each client’s success in the most compelling and meaningful ways.
Back to top