Sandbox is a connective agency.
We are a place that enables and celebrates connection and connectivity between brands and their customers. Every member of our team is passionately and relentlessly committed to driving our clients’ business forward in everything we do.
We are agency owners, partners, and leaders who love the agency business.
We have each built and led successful agencies for years. And now that we’re together as Sandbox, we have so much more to offer.
Sandbox is currently looking for a Production Manager to join our team. The Production Manager will supervise and support all production artists by providing command and control to their workload. Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to reviewing work plans set by project management, management of those work plans by assigning the work based on production artist’s skill set, even distribution of workload across the group, and a commitment to ensuring all work produced is technically correct resulting in high-quality printer-ready files.
- Provide a supportive environment for production artists to work most productively.
- Review weekly and bi-weekly workload reports to ensure accurate coverage by staff.
- Partner with Project Management to anticipate, prioritize and manage workloads for major events like product or campaign launches, new business demands, conferences, and more.
- Obtain sufficient information from project management personnel to distribute a project assignment that is complete and easy to understand (know when to reject).
- Educate personnel on how much time is required to complete various kinds of jobs (e.g., large printed collateral, decks, journal ads, etc) and all the steps necessary to process a job.
- Partner with Project Management to develop and revise timelines and/or expectations
- Manage team’s out-of-office coverage and increased workloads requiring freelance support.
- Host weekly (or as needed) production meetings to update teams key issues and opportunities.
- Partner with the Director of Production to ensure early engagement and efficient deployment.
- Maintains interaction with print production staff and art directors on scope of projects.
- Collaborates, as needed, with art directors to design and produce pieces for new business and client presentations.
- Works with all levels of management, creative staff and vendors to translate creative challenges into technical solutions.
- At times, this person will roll up their sleeves and do production-related tasks to help balance workload.
TRAINING AND MENTORING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop internal operating procedures to create efficiencies.
- Develop and implement new systems and procedures to serve the agency’s needs.
- Help production artists navigate discussions about priorities and workload with project management
- Train and supervise production artists in all aspects of project management/traffic system.
- Assist in the education and development of production artist staff.
- Directs and guides production artists in preparation of files.
- Provide input on production artist performance, prepare recommendations to motivate and improve staff performance, and to ensure consistency and uniformity in their efforts in accordance with agency standards
- Identify and recommend external training opportunities for staff.
- Direct the educational activities involved in order to serve as a training center for entry-level employees.
- Conduct new employee orientation on production-related procedures.
- Direct client contact, if required, to discuss scheduling concerns and/or agency workflow process.
- Remains current on industry trends and technology.
- Researches new vendors or technologies adding benefit to the client and agency.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of traffic, workflow and resource management.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of agency policy and procedures.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Ability to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
- Ability to command respect of staff and be able to effectively oversee their responsibilities.
- Provide effective direction to cross-functional groups in the trafficking of work.
- Be able to recommend effective solutions to resolve any crisis situation.
- Ability to think in terms of business management including demonstrating cost effective ways to increase productivity, manage expenses, etc.
- An associate (2 year) degree or bachelor (4 year) degree (preferred) in graphic design or related field.
- 6+ years of production experience, preferably in pharmaceutical advertising but not required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 10 years traffic experience in agency setting is required.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong working knowledge and use of Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator
- Print production knowledge required.
- Experience with any platforms to facilitate work e.g. BaseCamp, WorkFront, WebVantage, Asana, Trello, etc.
Back to top