Sr. Manager, Events and Sponsorships
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
We’re looking for a strategic and creative Sr. Manager to lead global strategy and management of events and sponsorships. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will produce best-in-class events and execute strategic sponsorships to drive brand awareness and engagement with our target audiences (e.g., software engineers/developers, tech entrepreneurs and startups, investors, startup hubs/communities and academia).
You are a self-starter with a sharp POV and passion for sharing brand narratives through brand activations and strategic marketing partnerships. You have a do-what-it-takes attitude and a collaborative spirit coupled with capabilities in budgeting, vendor management and coordinating with teams across multiple time-zones. You have a strong aesthetic when it comes to designing events and an understanding of what makes a mutually-beneficial and favorable brand partnership.
- Develop events and sponsorships strategy, and manage engagement-focused execution plans from end-to-end including budgeting and project management.
- Create and execute against a global events and sponsorships calendar that aligns with activities in local markets, as well as business priorities and strategic pillars.
- Partner with Samsung NEXT communications, content, and digital teams and other business groups to successfully plan and execute activities.
- Utilize tracking techniques to measure engagement with activities and effectiveness of marketing tactics.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and make recommendations based on best practices.
- Leverage existing networks, attend industry events and build new relationships with startups, developers, influencers and industry professionals.
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, events, or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing and events/sponsorships for tech industry including large industry conferences (e.g., CES, SXSW, etc.).
- Previous experience with startups and entrepreneurs a plus.
- 2+ years agency experience
- 5+ years experience project managing large complex events from end to end
- Innovative and creative thinking that packages brand narratives into culturally relevant and rich events and partnerships.
- Independent, proactive self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision and handle ambiguity.
- Superior project management and planning skills including managing priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex, matrixed global environment.
- Understanding of emerging tech trends (VR, AR, IoT, AI, Blockchain, etc.) and desire to learn about innovative technologies.
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and negotiation skills. Extremely detail-oriented and strong ability to handle and execute in ambiguity.
- Comfortable executing in a fast-paced environment and exudes grace under pressure.
**Must present a portfolio that highlights experience.
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top