Sr. Manager, Content
We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
We’re seeking an experienced journalist and editorial leader to drive Samsung NEXT’s content efforts and oversee daily management. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will develop and lead strategy for best-in-class content while leveraging data, trends and best practices to drive successful execution of plans.
You are a strong editor and writer with in-depth experience and a sharp POV on tech (specifically, emerging tech) and innovation. You welcome the chance to build an editorial team and are highly skilled at leveraging various mediums to build brand awareness, engagement and credibility through creative storytelling, smart content distribution and impactful content partnerships.
- Develop content strategy, execution plans, campaigns and sprints for Samsung NEXT with a focus on driving thought leadership.
- Collaborate with Communications team, Digital & Creative team and other key stakeholders to ensure all narratives, messages and brand identities are aligned with editorial decisions.
- Design, produce, manage, curate and edit content of all kinds including, digital (video) and print materials to achieve marketing goals.
- Manage story slate, distribution of assignments, copyediting, mentoring writers and producers and content campaigns.
- Collaborate with content partners to extend company’s story and reach new and targeted audiences.
- Work with legal team to create governance, policies and guidelines around content creation.
- Utilize digital analytics to understand user behavior and leverage data to inform and direct strategy and execution.
- Remain up-to-date on social media and content marketing landscape, best practices and trends and provide method for testing and measuring new tools and approaches.
- Align with external Samsung groups on activities and campaigns.
- Manage agencies and contractors (writers, producers, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Marketing or Journalism.
- 8+ years of experience in content/editorial specifically in digital media with emphasis on content development and partnerships. Must have experience as a journalist/news editor and have a passion for tech.
- 6+ years of experience managing and growing audience through social media.
- Editorial mindset to understand and analyze how audiences consume content and how we leverage various platforms.
- Affinity for new technologies and understanding of emerging tech trends (VR, AR, IoT, AI, Blockchain, etc.).
- Highly creative and effective communicator and passion for storytelling.
- Experience with Wordpress, Google Analytics, Slideshare, major social media platforms and Adobe Creative Suite. Video editing software experience a plus.
- Understanding of SEO, keyword search, and other content search. Strong experience with Google Analytics.
- Superior project management and planning skills and understanding of how to manage priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex, matrix global environment and focus on high performance.
- Excellent communication skills and creative “out of the box” thinker.
- Self-starter and highly collaborative, with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong adherence to deadlines and able to work with limited resources.
Role can be based in Mountain View, CA or New York City.
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top