Sr. DevOps Engineer
Samsung Next is building an AR cloud (Whare) to enable a new generation of augmented reality applications. We are hiring a new team in San Mateo, California, to build cross platform developer services that will power multi-user, shared AR experiences and applications at scale. This infrastructure will support all developers in the AR community with a shared global management platform for AR assets.
You will be a senior devops engineer leading WhARe cloud & services deployment architecture. You will be collaborating closely with product and development team to define and monitor SLAs/SLOs, design, build and execute deployment/maintenance plans, and monitoring system health and performance. Technical leadership will be imperative—organization and initiative when it comes to both technology and personnel.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux Administration.
- Solid working experience with automation, configuration management, & service discovery tools (Terraform, Puppet, etcd, Consul, etc.)
- Working experienced with various AWS services: EBS, RDS, ECS, S3 to name a few.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Knowledge of best practice of SAAS operation in always-up, always-available services.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communicator who thrives in a fast-moving startup environment.
Desirable: Working knowledge with virtual environments (Dockers, VirtualBox, pyenv, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.). Working experience with Zookeeper and KAFKA clusters is highly desirable. Experience with SOC 2/PCI auditing process.
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Manager, Acquisitions Team
Antonio seeks out, evaluates, and acts on important merger and acquisition opportunities that will ultimately help Samsung NEXT reach its growth goals for the future.
Back to top