Sr. Computer Vision Engineer
Samsung Next is building an AR cloud (Whare) to enable a new generation of augmented reality applications. We are hiring a new team in San Francisco, California, to build cross platform developer services that will power multi-user, shared AR experiences and applications at scale. This infrastructure will support all developers in the AR community with a shared global management platform for AR assets.
You will be a senior computer vision engineer leading some development work while collaborating in a variety of others to build a new and complex system. In addition, you will be expected to use your technical experience to assist in ideating and defining product features and use cases.
You will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including definition, architecture, design, implementation, testing, automation and documentation. Technical leadership will be imperative—organization and initiative when it comes to both technology and personnel.
- A Bachelor's/Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field, plus 5 years industry experience or a PhD/Post doc
- Experience with pose estimation, optical flow, point cloud construction.
- Experience with machine learning (convolutional neural networks, semantic segmentation, object recognition)
- Highly competent in C++
- Strong Computational Geometry background
- Experience using OpenCV for computer vision and image analysis algorithm development
- Full software life-cycle experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communicator who thrives in a fast-moving startup environment.
Desirable: Experience in augmented reality applications. Familiarity with SLAM, VSLAM, Sensor Fusion. Experience with PCL, CGAL, Eigen, and 3D depth sensors is preferred. Experience with cloud computing platforms and mobile platforms (e.g., ARM assembly, NEON)
Back to top