Senior Research Engineer
This role is part of the Technology team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization, reporting to the CTO.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Senior Researcher, you will serve as a liaison helping define and chaperone technical initiatives in the Product group and within Samsung Korea. These projects and initiatives are of critical importance to the group that is focused on building real products that leverage advanced technology.
- Initiate and drive the technical conversation with internal teams at Samsung NEXT, teams within Samsung Research in Korea and the US and other researchers in other companies and or the academia
- Drive joint initiatives in a program management capacity
- Build relationships within Samsung through daily and weekly interactions (Travel expected)
- Be the research authority for new products and services being built (POCs)
- Be the research authority for new technologies we are exploring or are being explored with Samsung NEXT and Samsung Korea.
- Deeply understand the technology behind all of our products and services and suggest new directions to explore based on your deep understanding of the technology landscape
- Graduate degree (Ph.D an advantage) in computer science, AI or applied math
- Passionate about AI-related research and innovation and current on trends and topics in this domain
- Experience driving technical projects within a larger enterprise
- Deep understanding of machine learning (deep learning) infrastructure and systems (e.g., Spark, Cafe, TensorFlow)
- Experience in large-scale data processing and deep learning, specifically in deep learning for machine vision
- Publication records in top-tier conferences or leading journals
- Active in the research community and the ability to reach out to peers in the academy
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
Back to top