Senior Human Resources Business Partner
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses at scale.
- Partner with Business leaders and provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution, providing insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions.
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent and organization problems
- Advocate for your functional team and represent their needs to senior leadership
- Ensure the delivery of industry leading HR/Talent services as the business scales
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic future focussed hiring
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, and Internal Comms) to deliver talent programs and translate back feedback
- Respond to manager and employee questions on a timely basis, providing support and advice
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Support individual and team development as well as provide guidance to support the high growth and need to become more efficient and effective
The right candidate must demonstrate a passion and competency for challenging and motivating others, while serving as a true business partner to the leadership team.
- 10+ years of related HR management experience and a degree in a related technical subject required; post-graduate coursework is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources/Psychology or equivalent required, with M.A. or M.S. preferred
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR initiatives
- Ability to provide valued consultation, build partnerships, coach and influence senior leadership team, playing the role of trusted advisor
- Has an executive presence, is polished and processes gravitas.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to use situational appropriate communication techniques including consulting, influence, information sharing and negotiating on complex topics
- Broadly recognized domain expertise in one or more areas of talent development: compensation and career planning, program management, and/or culture development
- Strong knowledge of HR initiatives, experience in HR at a tech or internet business
- Pragmatism, resilience, tenacity and the ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strategic leadership skills with a strong track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives
- Strong self-awareness and an open and authentic leadership style
- Exceptional ability to quickly build partnerships at all levels within an organization, capacity to align communication plans with broader company initiatives and a faculty for thinking strategically and analytically
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
Back to top