Senior Computer Vision Engineer
- New York, NY
This role is part of the Core team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We're a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and "be the change you seek", have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Machine Learning / Computer Vision Engineer, you will help us expand our capabilities in Computer Vision by applying Machine Learning techniques. You will be responsible for helping define new ways that Machine Learning and Computer Vision can be used to enhance the user experience in a variety of vertical markets.
- Will be responsible for enhancing the scene understanding capabilities of our Smart Spaces project (e.g. object classification, detection and tracking)
- Will be responsible for enhancing our Smart Fitness project (e.g. determining if user is performing activities properly using ML and video)
- Using Machine Learning to detect objects in a scene and applying computer vision techniques to extract 3D models from the scene
- Perform additional CV work on various Proof of Concepts as we explore new business ideas
- Perform these tasks on mobile devices (i.e. not using cloud compute resources)
- 5+ years of programming experience in C++, Python or related languages
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and regression using modern ML frameworks such as TensorFlow Lite, PyTorch Mobile etc.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to create production quality solutions
- Experience with real time inference on mobile devices
- Experience with state-of-the art human shape or pose estimation.
- Experience developing and implementing deep learning algorithms, particularly with respect to computer vision algorithms.
- Experience with 3D Computer Vision
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top