Samsung Next is building Whare, the AR cloud to enable a new generation of augmented reality applications. We are hiring a new team in San Mateo, California, to build cross-platform developer services that will power multi-user, shared AR experiences and applications at scale. This infrastructure will support all developers in the AR community with a shared global management platform for AR assets.
This product role will focus on “developer experience” - a key ingredient to this product’s success. This encompasses all aspects of connection to that developer community such as the core developer portal website, cloud-based content authoring/management tools, code snippets, website for managing applications and developer API keys, documentation, support forums, etc. Further, the role is responsible for implementing and managing our analytics platform to supply internal and developer-facing insights. This role will grow with the organization to manage additional Product responsibilities, such as partnerships, localization of the portal to support foreign languages, etc. This is an individual contributor role.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At the Product Manager, you will need to balance front-line product management, project management, and the long-term vision with ongoing feedback from engineering and potential customers to establish and communicate milestones, refine use cases and validate their customer value, prioritize feature backlog, and ensure everything stays on track. This is not a role for developing Powerpoint, it is a role for enabling a team of engineers to build compelling customer value as quickly as possible.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, including product definition, usability testing, backlog management, documentation, go to market planning, and project schedule management.
- 3-5 years experience in product management, preferably in a software-focused startup that shipped successful products targeting software or mobile app developers
- A deep breadth of product management experience with an understanding of the lean methodology
- Strong knowledge of web and mobile analytical tools to measure customer engagement
- Ability to use data to iterate optimize onboarding and conversion flows
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Previous experience with managing partner portals targeting developers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous product management experience at a startup is a plus
- Experience in augmented reality applications, mobile apps, developer tools, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Manager, Acquisitions Team
Antonio seeks out, evaluates, and acts on important merger and acquisition opportunities that will ultimately help Samsung NEXT reach its growth goals for the future.
Back to top