Lead DevOps Engineer
- New York, NY
This role is part of the Engineering team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization
About NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We're a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow, and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and "be the change you seek", have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
NEXT Product is working on multiple innovative projects and we are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to leverage their previous Cloud experience to work closely with other engineers, product managers, and internal stakeholders to help architect and run our service.
This role requires a combination of deep technical understanding of current cloud providers offerings, ability to scale systems, and attention to detail. As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be taking the lead of all aspects of the tools and infrastructure that are created to support the products Samsung NEXT is working to deliver. This includes definition, architecture, design, implementation, testing, automation, maintenance, and documentation.
- Lead DevOps work across multiple projects
- Platform Support
- Implement tools and procedures to manage current infrastructure
- Manage platform cost using in-house and SaaS tools
- Design resilient and self-healing systems
- Design and create new infrastructure as platform demands evolve.
- Suggest technologies and methods where appropriate
- Scale our backend to support millions of simultaneous users using sharding, caching, load-balancing and other techniques.
- Operations automation support
- Work with chill team to automate build/test/deploy pipelines
- Design operational procedures to ensure platform quality and stability
- Monitoring and On-call
- Create checks that ensure the stability of our infrastructure.
- Create dashboards that can be consumed by our team to view the general stability of our systems.
- Create and maintain service level objectives for platforms
- Respond to platform incidents as required
- Research and evaluate related technologies.
- Experience using Kubernetes in production is required.
- Deep knowledge of Google Cloud is needed, OCI/AWS is a bonus.
- Infrastructure automation experience using Terraform.
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux server operations.
- Demonstrable skills with web service and micro-services delivery (DNS, DDoS mitigation, content delivery, networking, load balancing, SSL, etc.)
- Basic skills in one or more programming languages.
- Preference will be given to those with experience managing the following technologies:
- NodeJS + Molecular
- Understanding of audio/video communications codecs and/or network protocols is a bonus.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and plan ahead.
- Strong communication skills - be able to take the roadmap and break into the relevant user stories and epics and discuss the finer details of the implementation.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds\u2026 and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top