- Berlin, Germany
This role is part of our Ventures within Samsung NEXT organization
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds... and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses at scale.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is the Ventures team within Samsung NEXT and focused on early stage investments (Seed - Series A/B). This role is part of our Europe Team within the Samsung NEXT organization. We've one team member in London, the rest of our Europe Team is located in Berlin.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for an experienced and well-connected Investment Director to assist in leading early-stage venture investments from its Berlin office.
- Contribute to Samsung NEXT Europe's overall vision and direction.
- End-to-end investments: Lead all aspects of investment including investment thesis development, sourcing, investment memo, due diligence, negotiation, approval and deal closing.
- Internal due diligence: Communicate with business units about potential investments, including the aggregation and synthesis of business unit feedback.
- Business Development: Work with your portfolio companies to help them in their overall strategy building, business development, fundraising and M&A where relevant. Head internal business development for your portfolio companies to forge collaborations and partnerships between Samsung and our portfolio companies.
- New market analysis: Lead new market analysis by periodically investigating and drafting recommendations regarding new technology areas that may be attractive for investments.
- Brand-building: Engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community in Europe's startup hubs.
- 7+ years of experience in technology industries.
- 4-10+ years of experience in venture capital (as VC or business angel investor), investment banking, private equity, or similar roles.
- 10+ years of experience working in Europe
- Proven track record of success with strong references.
- Previous experience leading multiple VC or angel deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process.
- Board-level experience (director or observer).
- Strong financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Extensive network in the European venture capital and entrepreneur community, especially at the seed and series A/B stages.
- Track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel.
- Passion and expertise in technology and media.
- Undergraduate degree (technical or engineering degree a plus); MBA or JD preferred.
- Overseas work experience and/or cross-functional expertise is a plus.
- Strong interest in our focus areas (AI, Edge, Media Tech, Healthcare).
- Living in or ready to move to Germany.
- Verifiable thought leadership in technology and startup investment.
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate complexity simply.
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases to various stakeholders including senior executives.
- Comfortable working in teams, building relationships and interacting with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify core issues quickly.
- Independent and self-starter, persistent, curious, confident, fearless.
- Driver of Culture: high stamina/energy/flexibility/productivity, low ego; community contributor.
- Strong interpersonal skills; relentlessly positive.
- Highly energetic and proactive team player.
- Highly independent and self-directed, with an ability to create and execute on your own roadmap.
- Fast learner and open to constructive criticism.
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top