We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
NEXT is looking for a creative and energetic HR Generalist who can straddle both the strategic and tactical elements of the role in our fast-moving team. This individual will help influence and execute a talent strategy that is aligned with the business strategy. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for culture and change management, assist with performance management, talent and workforce planning and analytics, tactical processes and employee relations.
- Drive culture and employee engagement; collaborate closely with NEXT leadership to create and implement solutions that align with, and reflect, our mission, culture and overall business strategy (culture and change management)
- Instill a high-performance culture with a focus on consistency, professional development and increased productivity (performance management)
- Foster a people-centric environment that embraces change and promotes the fluid exchange of ideas
- Influence and drive the direction, goals, and hiring strategies of our HR priorities while aligning results to achieve key business goals
- Assist with managing a portfolio of programs, including, but not limited to: relevant employee communications, employment branding, compensation, training, and leadership development
- Be a “change agent” within Samsung; look for ways to innovate and create a “best in class” organization.
The right candidate must demonstrate a passion and competency for challenging and motivating others, while serving as a true business partner to the NEXT team.
- 8+ years of related HR management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources/Psychology or equivalent required, with M.A. or M.S. preferred
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR initiatives
- Ability to provide valued consultation, build partnerships, coach and influence senior leadership team, playing the role of trusted advisor
- Has an executive presence, is polished and processes gravitas.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to use situational appropriate communication techniques including consulting, influence, information sharing and negotiating on complex topics
- Broadly recognized domain expertise in one or more areas of talent development: compensation and career planning, program management, and/or culture development
- Strong knowledge of HR initiatives, experience in HR at a tech or internet business
- Pragmatism, resilience, tenacity and the ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strategic leadership skills with a strong track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives
- Strong self-awareness and an open and authentic leadership style
- Exceptional ability to quickly build partnerships at all levels within an organization, capacity to align communication plans with broader company initiatives and a faculty for thinking strategically and analytically
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top