Head of Product Portfolio Management
This role is part of the product management team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As the Head of Product Portfolio Management you will work with each product team to ensure all product activities are well-defined focused to achieve the product and business goals.
- Establish Clear goals and trackable metrics, pushing progress to ensure execution is on track
- Driving presentable Product Roadmaps and summary on progress for consistently sharing up along key quarterly review & Korea updates
- Drive best-practice of product management across the product team to ensure all PMs are growing in their craft relevant to the needs of their role and learning from each other
- Ensure efficient execution of functions across the entire product management department
- Engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product management individuals
- Create forums and rituals that create an exciting and dynamic work environment that pulls in and retains talent while doing their best work
- Partner with leadership and product teams to ensure we are appropriately investing across the range of product initiatives in our product portfolio including:
- Providing recommendations on expected progress for a given product
- Providing recommendations on increasing, reducing, or keeping steady the level of investment based on expected ROI
- Evaluating new opportunities based on market trends, product industry, and competition strategies
- Roll-up sleeves and to help augment teams and partner with product management for individual products or initiatives such as:
- Extract ideas from individuals and structure into a distilled new opportunity
- Build out a growth initiative on a new program
- Define the metrics and identify the structure needed for a new feature and iteration
- Experience as a senior product management leader in a complex business setting as a thought leader and technology visionary
- Diverse experience resolving internal and external problems and challenges in product management
- Ability to think strategically and will possess a good eye for opportunities
- Strong leadership skills in building a great product culture by inspiring their teams
- Global mindset, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Passion for working with development teams
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
Back to top