Head of Product Management – AR Cloud
SamsungNEXT partners with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The SVP of Product has recently joined to build a new organization focused on creating new software and services businesses through a combination of the internal development and acquisitions. One of the key products we are currently building from ground up is WhARre, the AR cloud to enable a new generation of augmented reality applications. We are hiring a new team in San Mateo, California, to build cross platform developer services that will power multi-user, shared AR experiences and applications at scale. This infrastructure will support all developers in the AR community with a shared global management platform for AR assets.
A successful candidate will be a motivated and experienced leader who will oversee day-to-day execution of AR Cloud product activities of a world-class, entrepreneurial product development organization. They will be a visionary and an avid evangelist of the product as well as a great leader.
- Deep knowledge of core business strategy frameworks, competitive analysis, market definition & market sizing.
- Ability to rationalize and frame a portfolio of new business innovation efforts to align with strategic goals.
- Proven ability to identify new markets and new product opportunities.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of product activities for the purpose of meeting the product, business, and P&L goals.
- Identify target consumer segments and markets as well as evaluate market trends, product industry, and competition strategies.
- Manage teams with clear and aggressive OKRs.
- Engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product management individuals.
- Create an exciting and dynamic work environment that pulls in and retains talent.
- Advanced degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related technical field.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- 7-10+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business.
- Ideal experience includes product development in the areas of AR Cloud.
- Ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle from a Product Management perspective.
- Experience as a senior product management leader in a complex business setting as a thought leader and technology visionary.
- Diverse experience resolving internal and external problems and challenges in product management.
- Ability to think strategically and will possess a good eye for opportunities.
- Strong leadership skills in building a great product culture by inspiring their teams.
- An outstanding people manager, with proven talent around organizing and growing teams of product managers.
- Global and Entrepreneurial mindset, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
- Passion for working with entrepreneurial development teams and setting aggressive pace in competitive categories
- Experience managing P&L, monetization strategies, and planning product investment thesis.
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Manager, Acquisitions Team
Antonio seeks out, evaluates, and acts on important merger and acquisition opportunities that will ultimately help Samsung NEXT reach its growth goals for the future.
Back to top