Head of Product Management
This role is part of the management team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Reporting to the SVP of Product, the Head of Product Management will be a motivated and experienced leader who will oversee day-to-day execution of all product activities of a world-class, entrepreneurial product development organization. They will be the visionary and an avid evangelist of the products as well as a great leader.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all product activities for the purpose of meeting the product and business goals
- Identify target consumer segments and markets as well as evaluate market trends, product industry, and competition strategies
- Ensure efficient execution of functions across the entire product management department
- Engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and mentoring of key product management individuals
- Create an exciting and dynamic work environment that pulls in and retains talent
- Experience as a senior product management leader in a complex business setting as a thought leader and technology visionary
- Diverse experience resolving internal and external problems and challenges in product management
- Ability to think strategically and will possess a good eye for opportunities
- Strong leadership skills in building a great product culture by inspiring their teams
- Global mindset, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Passion for working with development teams
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
Back to top