Front End Engineer
Cultivate is a people analytics platform that empowers managers to optimize productivity and retain top talent. We provide real-time and predictive analytics for companies and managers in areas of engagement analysis, bias awareness, and resource alignment. Our mission is to help companies provide their employees a more engaging, fulfilling, and productive workplace by continuously improving the manager-employee relationship.
We are a small founding team that is well funded by Samsung NEXT. You will have the opportunity to work on a cutting-edge AI system. Our San Francisco office is a co-working space with a great sense of community, and views of the Bay. We have access to amenities like a fully stocked kitchen and all the computer equipment and gadgets you need. We also have the autonomy of a small, driven startup team; for example, we value our work-life balance and don’t track or limit vacation/sick days.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll be working closely with the entire founding team to deliver a fast, beautiful product with enterprise-grade security and reliability. The primary focus for this position will be the front-end properties, but you will work on a wide range of problems. A typical day might include:
- Bringing a visual design document to life: turning it into functioning code while improving the design and resolving inconsistencies/vagueness along the way.
- Working with a product manager to prototype and implement a new type of data visualization for multiple browsers and screen sizes.
- Building new API’s for the front-end to communicate with the data/statistics layers.
- Integrating with third party services to bring new data into our system.
- 2+ years developing web applications, including highly interactive, responsive websites using modern web development frameworks.
- Experience with React a plus
- Experience building analytics products and using charting/visualization libraries a plus.
- Re-writing database queries or performing database migrations to improve speed a plus
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment, has strong communication skills and is excited about the opportunity to influence product development and roadmapping.
- CS degree or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top