Europe Investment Director
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
We are seeking an experienced Investment Director to generate outsized strategic and financial returns for the Samsung Next fund, by sourcing, evaluating, and managing deals and deal teams across Europe. This role will report to the Managing Director of Samsung Next Europe.
What We Want You To Do:
- Lead deal teams across Europe
- Conduct all aspects of investment: development of investment themes, sourcing, business and technical due diligence, quantitative valuation, negotiation, approval, closing
- Guide and manage performance of portfolio companies, including service as board observer and principal point of contact with portfolio companies
- Conduct internal business development to deliver collaborations and partnerships between Samsung and portfolio companies
- Establish and maintain strong professional networks inside and outside Samsung
- Provide thought leadership in investment function and technology domains
- Contribute to overall vision and direction of Next Europe as a senior member
What We Want to See:
- Successful investment track record in early stage startups
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing cross-functional project teams
- Thought leadership in technology and startup investing
- Deep domain expertise in areas of interest to Samsung Next
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases, as well as communicate complexity simply, to cross-cultural stakeholders including senior executives
- Clearly able to drive projects and initiatives through a complex organization
- Exceptional aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Experience in technology industries, venture capital, startup leadership, investment banking, private equity, business development, or similar roles
- Strong professional network in startup and venture community
- Fluency in English and German/French
- Advanced technical degree or MBA preferred
- Experience creating messaging and briefing documents; securing executive interviews and press coverage.
- Experience building executive thought leadership platforms.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style and superb multitasker
- Exceptional writing/editing and storytelling skills.
- Creative-thinker, comfortable executing in a fast-paced environment and passionate about brand storytelling, PR and tech.
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top