Cultivate is a people analytics AI platform that taps into the complex stream of social signals in digital communications to help users develop professional relationships, reduce subconscious biases, and act at crucial moments to maximize team productivity and inclusivity. Our mission is to create engaging and fulfilling workplaces by empowering users with the real-time and actionable analytics they need to increase their own professional well-being (and the happiness of those around them!).
We are a small founding team that is well funded by Samsung NEXT. Our San Francisco office is a co-working space with a great sense of community, and views of the Bay. We have access to amenities like a fully stocked kitchen and all the computer equipment and gadgets you need. We also have the autonomy of a small, driven startup team; for example, we value our work-life balance and don’t track or limit vacation/sick days.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a data engineer, you’ll be building and scaling a high-performance data processing and machine learning infrastructure, converting unstructured communications data (calendar events, emails, slack messages) into real-time statistics on team collaborative dynamics. Responsibilities include:
- Identifying new data features relevant to team collaboration patterns, then quickly transforming idea into product feature.
- Architecting new data models to account for our diverse and ever-growing set of data sources.
- Monitoring performance; planning and designing future versions of a state-of-the-art ETL infrastructure.
- Enabling NLP and ML algorithms to run at scale in highly available, fault-tolerant systems.
- Be an influential voice on a small, rapidly innovating team building a next generation product.
- Strong computer science and software engineering fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, web infrastructure)
- Expertise in data storage, processing, and analysis technologies such as MySQL, Kinesis/Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, S3, etc.
- Experience with data science toolkits such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, tensorflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment, has strong communication skills and is excited about the opportunity to influence product development and roadmapping.
- Passionate about creating more unbiased, inclusive and productive workplaces!
NICE TO HAVES:
- Knowledge of NLP and the semantic interpretation of messages: entity extraction, knowledge graph creation, text classification, or topic modeling.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques, including supervised and unsupervised algorithms, clustering, graph analytics, and time series analysis.
To apply, send your resume and a few sentences about yourself to email@example.com.
Note: At this time we are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Sr. Corporate Development Associate
As a member of the M&A Team, Christiana is responsible for driving mergers and acquisitions of SaaS ventures on behalf of Samsung—sourcing startups, closing deals, and doing everything in between.
Back to top