Biz Ops, Sr. Manager
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
This is a critical finance role supporting our global organization and senior leadership. It is key to the on-going success and growth of Samsung NEXT. The Business Ops Manager will have broad responsibilities to help keep our business operating smoothly, including but not limited to:
- providing operational partnership and analysis to Samsung NEXT’s senior team leaders through the use of operational and financial data,
- architecting impactful measures of success and progress that are data driven, and reporting out to executive leadership to demonstrate business health/performance, and
- conceiving, developing and maintaining a data schema using BI that supports Samsung NEXT’s objectives.
This role will report to the NEXT Head of Business Operations & Finance as an individual contributor. There will be opportunities to interact regularly with executive leadership, including the Samsung NEXT President, global functional Team Leaders (e.g., the Heads of Investments, Product, BD and M&A, etc.).
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Samsung NEXT organizational structure, from the internal Samsung teams to how they interact with external organizations, including the corporate counterparts, the portfolio of investments, and the potential external partners/M&A targets/investments
- Closely manage 1) Samsung NEXT operating metrics and measures of success, 2) monthly operating reviews with Samsung NEXT President and functional Team Leaders, and 3) BI tools and dashboards
- Work closely with executive management to provide operational insights and identify areas for greater efficiency, to include process definition/implementation
- Work closely with Samsung Headquarters and Samsung Research America staffs on ad hoc projects to advance Samsung NEXT initiatives
- Design and implement monthly, quarterly, and annual operating reviews to advise executive management on operation health of team
- Establish and execute procedures for efficient operational reporting
- Lead/participate special projects (e.g., transfer of IP from Samsung to the portfolio companies, due diligence on potential targets, PMI for recent acquisitions, etc.)
- Work closely with teams to maintain business intelligence tools and other systems
- # of years of experience: 7+
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from top tier university; MBA a plus
- Language skills: Fluent English, business proficiency in Korean a major plus
- Specific experience: Deep Business Operations, Sales Operations, or Management Consulting experience; ability to develop insights from a mass of data
- Specific skills (hard, soft): A critical, independent thinker who can build deep, trusting relationships and is process driven. Someone who has initiative, is not afraid to ask questions, and is able challenge peers and senior leaders. A person who “finds a way” in the face of adversity
Meet Some of Samsung NEXT's Employees
Associate General Counsel
Focused mostly on facilitating investments for Samsung NEXT, Vivian works alongside the Ventures and Accelerator Teams as they identify and invest in companies, while also assisting the general counsel with legal issues as they arise.
Back to top