NEXT started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for building, growing and scaling businesses.
To accomplish its mission NEXT develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
NEXT’s M&A team enables the software & services acquisition strategy, execution and integration efforts globally for Samsung Electronics.
- Assist in the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of M&A and joint venture, including developing decision frameworks; conducting valuation analysis and business case modeling; coordinating due diligence efforts involving cross-functional teams, and assembling findings into presentation material
- Help source acquisition opportunities
- Participate in strategy development projects that translate into M&A actionable initiatives
- Undergraduate degree from a top university with a strong academic record
- 1 – 4 years of professional experience at a top-tier investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm (preferably focused on software or technology) or Corporate Development at a top-tier technology company.
- Demonstrated passion for technology through work experience or non-work activities
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Strong understanding of accounting, corporate finance theory, and valuation methodologies
- Experience creating financial models in Excel
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: confidence and poise in presenting to executive management
- Extraordinary focus on details, accuracy, and quality
- Strong personal initiative and sense of humor
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required
Back to top