We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
NEXT’s M&A is a small team that enables the software & services acquisition strategy, execution and integration efforts globally for Samsung Electronics.
- Assist in the evaluation, negotiation, and execution of M&A, joint venture, business development and investment opportunities, including developing decision frameworks; conducting valuation analysis and business case modeling; coordinating due diligence efforts involving cross-functional teams, and assembling findings into presentation material
- Help identify and vet potential acquisition opportunities, independently and in collaboration with Mobile and Consumer Electronics business units
- Participate in strategy development projects that translate strategy into actionable initiatives
- Contribute to the formulation and ongoing refinement of the Strategic Acquisitions team’s strategy and process frameworks
- Undergraduate degree from a top university with a strong academic record
- 1 – 4 years of professional experience at a top-tier investment bank (preferably focused on software or technology), management consulting firm, private equity firm or Corporate Development at a top-tier technology company.
- Demonstrated passion for technology through work experience or non-work activities
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Exceptional aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Extraordinary focus on details, accuracy, and quality
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: confidence and poise in presenting to executive management
- Strong personal initiative, excellent judgment and sense of humor
- Strong understanding of accounting, corporate finance theory, and valuation methodologies
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required
Back to top