- College Park, GA
Responsible for the supervision of tracking daily shipments. This role will maintain relationships across logistics, warehouse and SEA business unit employees to ensure that shipments are delivered to the warehouses within the KPI. This role will actively manage the logistics operations of SEA and identify areas for performance improvements. Focuses on coaching, coordination and delegation of operational work responsibilities. Leads/supervises a team of 3 or more professionals OR lead/supervise two or more teams of para-professionals consisting of technical staff. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority.
Role and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree with 6-10 years of directly related experience is required.
- Prior experience in logistics operations, supply chain management and/or warehousing required.
- Strong understanding of wireless products and services required.
- Proven experience leading/supervising teams of 3 or more
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop and create original analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and consensus building skills.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Prior experience with SAP or similar business enterprise purchasing, inventory control and/or procurement management system required.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint preparation skills operating in an NT LAN/WAN systems environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in acceptance and approval and to provide clarification.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues and activities.
- The ability to read, interpret and simplify complex information from various documents to create clarity and ease of understanding.
- Ability to communicate in writing, through email, reports, presentations, or orally, product logistics matters to all audiences.
- Ability to lead and direct the activities of Forwarders and Truckers to provide effective logistics services and achieve deliveries within the KPI target.
- The ability to clearly define objectives, identify tasks and work assignments, give direction and make decisions based upon applied knowledge of alternatives and work experience.
- Interact with all levels within the organization and has frequent external contacts.
Skills and Qualifications
Develop and supervise more junior Logistics & WH staff. Generate weekly inbound KPI and forecasting reports. Track and trace shipments daily and proactively advise business units of any delays. Coordinate with Forwarders, Brokers and Truckers to ensure issues are resolved immediately. Support business units on urgent shipments and new-launch models by closely monitoring each event milestone. Assist Special Project and warehouses on shipments needing re-work and return shipments. Identify strategies to improve inventory control through cycle counting and production data entry. Provides management and oversight regarding raw material inventory control. Participate in development of warehouse budgets and controls labor costs. Oversee maintenance of warehouse tools and equipment. Maintain warehouse in full compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory safety, labor, worker's compensation and health. Responsible for routine or standard technical problems and responds to standard requests from internal and external customers. Makes decisions within guidelines and policies. Is accountable for the contributions of the project sub-team.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top