- Plano, TX
Samsung Electronics America is looking for a Transportation Manager within the Domestic Transportation Management Team to manage procurement of carrier activities. The Transportation Manager will be the main point of contact for transportation performance and cost control for Full Truckload, Less Than Truckload, Intermodal, and Parcel modes of transportation. The Transportation Manager will resolve any obstacles that arise to ensure customer's required delivery dates are met are met within all reasonable logistics abilities which is measured within the performance management system. In this role, the selected candidate will be an excellent communicator who is able to translate customer order demand in to functional actions and fulfill them. This role will maintain relationships across the logistics network and within internal business partners to ensure a clear understanding on the results of the team's effort. This role will actively manage the logistics operations of SEA and identify areas for performance improvements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Procure TL/LTL/Parcel services to offer best in class solutions for prospective and existing customers
- Manage, develop, coordinate, and optimize carrier relationships. Classify carriers by role (strategic, niche, etc.) and invest time as appropriate.
- Promote strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement processes
- Proactively communicating service failures to internal support teams to minimize service failures, promote on time service and ensure safety.
- Identify Resolve customer complaints quickly and effectively, while ensuring improvements are made to prevent repeat instances
- Interact with cross department within the organization and have strong relationship with internal business partners
- Provide reporting on daily and ad hoc activities
- Understanding an ensure compliance to customer routing guides as required
- Manage, report, and provide action plan to support any performance deficiency
- Generate weekly KPI and forecasting reports to effectively manage area of responsibility
- Respond to standard requests from internal and external customers
- Make decisions within guidelines and policy
Skills and Qualifications
- 6-12 years of verifiable professional experience in Logistics, Transportation, Dispatch, Carrier Management operations are required
- Ability to identify the business needs driving client requests and translate into company objective
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated expertise in transportation mode selection, working with Transportation Management Systems (TMS), and effective carrier performance management
- WMS experience
- Prior experience in project management.
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint preparation skills
- BS or BA in Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar field
- SAP experience is a plus
- Travel up to 20%
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top