Training Director, CE Retail Operations
- Hackensack, NJ
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
Samsung is seeking a Customer Focused, Organizationally Savvy and Strategic Thinking professional to serve as our Director of Consumer Electronics Training. In this role you will re-think strategies, create alliances both within SEA and our Customer base and lead our newly combined Home Entertainment (HE) and Home Appliance (HA) Training teams. You will manage an active partnership with a broad range of constituents including the SVP and VP of Sales, HE and HE Product Marketing teams, , Director and VPs of both Home Entertainment and Home Appliance HQ departments, various internal customers and all HE and HA external Customers. Develops and maintains positive, professional, collaborative relationships internally. Complies with Company policies and procedures with all staff and markets. Uses rigid ethical considerations to guide decisions and act in accordance with Company values. Exhibits exceptional skills in client relationships, analysis, accountability, and leadership.
The successful candidate for this role should:
- Have a strong understanding of U.S. Brick & Mortar Retail & e-Commerce
- Be comfortable working remotely and require minimal oversight to accomplish objectives.
- Take ownership for their own and their team's performance.
- Embrace a team approach and demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with others to achieve Samsung objectives.
- Enjoy working with professionally and culturally diverse audiences.
- Be able to apply flexibility to their work schedule and be effective in a deadline and metric driven environment.
- Expect to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This position will be based out of our North American HQ in Ridgefield Park, N.J. and will report directly to the VP/GM of Consumer Electronics Retail Operations
Detailed responsibilities of this both challenging and rewarding role include, but are not limited to that following:
- Owns and manages all aspects of SEA's consolidated HE and HA Training needs.
- Maintains two separate HE and HA teams aligned to our specific PM team alignments.
- Institutes both Horizontal & Vertical responsibilities with all team members which will facilitate better collaboration, quick & decisive actions and cost savings.
- Evaluates all existing Customer training approaches for Retail based Retail Sales People (RSPs)
- Develops new strategies based on all the new rules, regulations & SOPs that all Retail Customer have instituted within the last 120 days.
- Owns the strategy for and evaluate our organization, structure, third party agencies, internal/external relationships and design a completely new approach which insures SEA's competitive edge for the balance of 2020 and ensures that SEA maintain a commanding position for 2021.
- Creates new strategies & tactics to train/influence the Sales/Customer care teams of all Retailer.com partners.
- Creates a HE and HA Training Curriculum for all SEA staff members that are directly/indirectly connected to driving SEA's HE & HA sales.
- Evaluates all of the new technologies and approaches that our current environment has forced the entire CE industry to evaluate, design & implement.
- Forges synergy by maintaining smooth, effective work relationships at all levels. Promotes a winning, team-based culture of inclusion.
- Aligns resources to accomplish all objectives.
- Other duties as assigned to improve performance of self or others.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years of experience.
- Prior experience with large manufacturer brand/retailer on Training, L&D, Sales or Product Marketing capacity.
- Demonstrated understanding of US Retail & Ecommerce.
- Prior experience managing a team of 6+ employees required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, interpret, present, and develop materials.
- Firm understanding on how to inspire, mentor and lead both individuals and teams.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Standard Office Suite and extensive use of presentation software.
- MBA or Masters in L&D
- Prior experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Prior experience with marquee brands & technologies
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Candidates will be asked to create & present on a wide range of topics in both One on One and Group webinar settings.
Candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample.
Candidates will be asked to participate in a written examination.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-PS1
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top