Samsung is a world leader in Memory, LCD and System LSI technologies. We are currently looking for exceptional software talent to join our Samsung Austin R & D Center (SARC) in Austin, TX. SARC was established in Austin, TX in 2010 to be one of Samsung's strategic investments in high performance low power ARM based device technology. Presently our GPU design teams, located in Austin (SARC) and San Jose (ACL), are developing a GPU that will be deployed in Samsung mobile products.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Compiler Engineering Lead you will works as a hands on technology lead supporting Compiler development on a GPU software team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyze performance of an open source-based compiler for the Samsung GPU
- Recommend, design, and implement changes to the compiler that reduce execution time, memory usage, and power consumption
- Contribute to team effort to design and implement a world-class compiler for new Samsung GPU architecture targeting OpenGL-ES, SPIR-V, and OpenCL
- Determine compiler testing strategies. Work with compiler test developers to enhance reliability of compiler through comprehensive testing
- MS/Ph.D. CS/EE/Applied math or relevant field and 5 + years of experience with an
- Strong software design/coding skills in C, C++ with excellent debugging skills
- Strong understanding of algorithm analysis and design
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork experience
- Working knowledge of compiler technology
Skills and Qualifications
Hands-on experience in one of the following:
- Optimizing large applications to reduce execution time, memory usage, or input/output
- Optimizing mobile applications to reduce execution time, memory usage, or power usage
- Experience using Clang, LLVM
- Experience developing JIT compilers or compilers for shader languages
- Knowledge of Android
- Knowledge of OpenGL/OpenGL-ES or DX, GLSL or HLSL languages
Samsung provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.