Sr Manager, Mobile Business Strategy
- Plano, TX
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, SEA Mobile Business Strategy will support and lead a variety of strategic efforts including annual strategic plan development and longer-term business planning. This position will be crucial to Samsung's ability to set its short, medium, and long-term course in the highly dynamic electronics industry.
- Lead and participate in CEO and Mobile Business Strategy initiatives spanning growth, go-to-market, and operational performance enhancement by directly scoping, initiating, planning, leading, and executing strategy project
- Develop and advise comprehensive annual and multi-year business strategy across various mobile product categories (Smartphones, Computing, Wearables and Accessories) with an in-depth outlook on market dynamics and plan for growth
- Provide business updates, KPI dashboards and preparing strategic business presentations to both local and global leadership
- Support and apply in-depth strategic insights and thought leadership on electronics industry, channel, and consumer trends
- Annual strategic business plan - defining target, vision, strategic directives, key initiatives
- Mid-term strategic plan - overall & by categories
- Strategic growth plan - by categories
- Strategic market intelligence
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree highly desired a Top graduate school. Strong academic record preferred.
- 12+ years of professional experience, with successful track record for growth and leadership.
- Experience working within a consulting capacity/agency is highly desired
- Experience in management consulting or strategy development in a corporate setting is required.
- Analytical track record across various practice areas and industries highly preferred.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company's competitive position.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top