Sr. Manager, Channel Strategy
- Hackensack, NJ
Senior Manager Channel Strategy - Builder
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, the Samsung Home Appliance Team is the place to be. We continue to grow our market share by providing the most Innovative products on the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world's top talent. From JD Powers to CES, the awards keep piling up. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
As a Senior Manager, Channel Strategy, you will lead the development and execution of the overall Builder channel strategy. This includes: Refining and framing the value proposition, path to market strategy (multiple), distribution strategy, segmentation strategy, portfolio strategy, promotional strategy and overall customer profitability. In addition, this role will oversee the inside sales function which will have its primary focus being quote follow up and hit rate, as well as heavy emphasis on forecasting accuracy
Key targets and measurements include:
•Customer share of wallet
Role and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Product marketing, Demand Generation and GBM teams to craft unified and aligned path to market
- Own channel communication strategy internal and external
- Work with pricing team to define programming and pricing strategy and tactics to best position Samsung to win. This includes managing pricing and quoting processes that are simple and easy to understand
- Aligns with Dacor sales and marketing teams to align strategies and where possible, joint programming
- Interface with supply chain to ensure alignment and process integrity
- Development and management of distributor promotions and promo calendars
- Manage engagement with Samsung and Dacor showrooms to optimize customer trips
- Interface with training organization to make sure training modules are builder channel specific and relevant
- Shares insights with Samsung Korea product planning and R&D groups, based on deep understanding of industry and local market dynamics, competitive information, and customer/consumer behaviors and preferences
- Developing launch plans for new products/categories.
- Manage channel expansion and channel conflict
- Ensure sales information is updated and relevant and is a guide to salesperson deployment
- Ensure Builder sales team is in compliance with approval processes and financial requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- 10-15+ years of directly related experience is required, strongly preferred in Home Appliance industry
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) required, MBA preferred.
- Builder channel experience in understanding direct and indirect selling models
- Strong internal and external communication skills, including presentation skills
- Product marketing or product management experience preferred
- P&L Management experience desired
- Strong negotiation skills, formal training preferred
In this role you will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company. You should have the ability to convince others, in a potentially adversarial and highly technical environment, including customer leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical, and project recommendations. You will plan, organize, and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects.
This is a highly visible and strategic role, and one that can lead to further leadership roles within Samsung
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top