Senior Staff Engineer- Graphics Architect
Samsung is a world leader in Memory, LCD and System LSI technologies. We are currently looking for exceptional software and hardware talent to join our Samsung Austin R & D Center (SARC) in Austin, TX and our Advanced Computing Lab (ACL) in San Jose, CA. SARC was established in Austin, TX in 2010 to be one of Samsung's strategic investments in high performance low power ARM based device technology. Presently our GPU design teams, located in Austin (SARC) and San Jose (ACL), are developing a GPU that will be deployed in Samsung mobile products. Our System IP team located in Austin (SARC) is working on Coherent Interconnect and memory controller architectures.
As a GPU Architect, you will work as part of a team actively working to design and document major units in a Graphics pipeline targeted at Mobile graphics applications and potentially other related markets. This is a mid to senior level position where the candidate will be in an individual contributor role, tasked with driving the functional and cycle simulators for GPU pipeline and working with cross functional teams including RTL design, Modeling and Software on various sub-blocks of the end solution.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and document major units in a graphics pipeline targeted at mobile graphics and machine learning
- Develop functional and cycle simulators for GPU pipeline. Collect statistics to evaluate potential benefit of optimizations, prototype to test functional correctness and specify the scheme in detail for next level of implementation in hardware and or software
- Collaborate with implementation, modeling, and software teams to define and develop microarchitecture, software implementation, and/or a verification plan
- Investigate alternate approaches for important GPU workloads, incremental optimizations, and rebalancing to maximize performance in future key workloads
- Work with software developers to understand important trends in future graphics and AI applications, problems faced by application and middleware developers
- Find and/or implement applications to exercise novel algorithms in drivers/hardware
Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE, Computer Engineer or comparable and 8 + years of experience
- Strong knowledge of graphics processor architecture
- Knowledge of APIs such as Vulkan, Open GS ES 3.x, DX 11/12, OpenCL and other compute APIs
- Knowledge of key mobile GPU graphics workloads and compute application workloads such as computer vision, image processing, AI and Image compression
- Knowledge of game applications, game rendering engines, academic papers on advanced rendering techniques desirable
- Expertise in implementing advanced graphics rendering techniques, machine-learning (AI) approaches
- Expertise in related fields such as AI hardware and software architectures, computer vision, image processing, gesture recognition
- Strong C++ and Python programming skills
- Demonstrated success in delivering major units in a GPU targeted at mobile graphics
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Samsung provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top