Senior Software Engineer - eCommerce Platform
- Bellevue, NE
Samsung is seeking a passionate, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative & high volume applications. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
Role and Responsibilities
Samsung Ecommerce is currently in the process of expanding its marketplace platform to add more features and to expand it globally.
As part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for expanding the feature set of the platform in an extensible and scalable manner
- Own individual modules and act as the technical SME for them
- Work end to end on micro-services and SPAs built on cutting edge technologies like Nodejs, Golang and React
- Work with great Engineers and solve difficult problems aimed at making the Customer experience seamless
- Get challenged on your DS & Algorithm skills and Design patterns every day
- Get the experience of building products from the scratch and taking them all the way to production
- Learn from veterans on the nuances of building software as well as get guidance on your career growth
- Teach and groom junior developers and help them to produce great code
- Work with business and provide solutions to problems faced by customers
- An expert knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, Software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- The ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project as a team.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams like Test, Product and Management to collect requirements, review test cases and translate the product requirements to technical requirements.
- The ability to come up with the high level design based on the requirements and explain it to the junior members of the team.
- The ability to work independently or as a team with the guidance of the Managers
- Ability to document the technical design and approach for the features developed by you or your team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors / Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field in a reputed institution
- 6+ years professional experience in software development with most of them from a product company
- Experience building Microservices
- Highly experienced in Web development(Back-End and Front-End)
- Experience with NodeJS, Angular OR React, and NoSQL required
- Experience with working in Linux based environment
- Good communication and design skills
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top