Senior Sales Manager, Connected Living/Smart Home - HA Builder
- Hackensack, NJ
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, the Samsung Home Appliance Team is the place to be. We continue to grow our market share by providing the most Innovative products on the market, and our dedication to Market Disruption makes this the destination company for the world's top talent. From JD Powers to CES, the awards keep piling up. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
As a Sr Manager, Connected Living/Smart Home, you will oversee the sales and focus on growing IoT sales and be the point of contact for connected living sale business. This person will be responsible for sales within this region and directing the overall strategy with their Customers. The person will be responsible for the growth, success, and development of their key accounts focusing on growth, profitability, and strong partnership for the Smart Home/IoT channel business. This position reports to the VP Builder, in Home Appliance and will have strong partnerships with other Samsung Subsidiaries
Key targets and measurements include:
•Customer share of wallet
•Sales funnel effectiveness
Role and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities include:
- The Sr Sales Manager for Smart Home, will be responsible for the development, sales, and relationships within the U.S
- Set and achieve customer-specific targets and other mutually established metrics with VP Builder, and GBM teams
- Responsible for directing the customer account management and support and nurture customer relationships.
- Ensure that the Voice of the Customer relative to Sales is clearly understood across all parts of Samsung and Samsung subsidiaries.
- Anticipate and proactively identify opportunities to leverage sales growth.
- Help lead customer-specific annual account plans for sales and annual contracts.
- Develop and "own" relationships with assigned firm key decision makers and executives.
- Respond to concerns from executives and key decision makers.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Manage account effectively including tracking to KPIs and MBO, provide regular feedback and performance reviews, develop personal talent and manage risk.
- Ability to negotiate and come to agreement on all solutions strategy, goals, and objectives
- Work with pricing team to define pricing strategy and tactics to position Samsung to win. This includes managing pricing and quoting processes that are simple and easy to understand
- Align with Dacor sales and marketing teams to align strategies and joint programming
- Interface with supply chain to ensure alignment and process integrity
- Development and management of distributor programming
- Interface with training organization to make sure training modules are builder channel specific and relevant
- Manage channel expansion and channel conflict
- Develop and manage sales tracking process
- Ensure sales information is updated and relevant and is a guide to salesperson deployment
Skills and Qualifications
- 12+ years of directly related experience is required, strongly preferred in residential building materials based industry
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) required, MBA preferred.
- Builder channel experience in understanding direct and indirect selling models
- Strong internal and external communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrate competency in both oral and written communication modes for internal and external personnel at all levels, especially in the sales, services, solutions, logistical, or financial areas of clients, prospects, and company.
- Product marketing or product management experience preferred
- P&L Management experience desired
- Strong negotiation skills, formal training preferred
In this role you will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company. You should have the ability to convince others, in a potentially adversarial and highly technical environment, including customer leadership, VPs, directors & managers, staff, and vendors with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical, and project recommendations. You will plan, organize, and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects.
This is a highly visible and strategic role, and one that can lead to further leadership roles within Samsung.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top