Senior Project Manager, Product Innovation
- Mountain View, CA
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Samsung's Innovation Labs and Strategy teams to discover emerging product and experience opportunities
- Develop world-class new product concepts that solve strategic business challenges and emotionally excite consumers
- Identify new market, consumer and technology trends to generate compelling, actionable insights
- Bring concepts to life by through experiential prototypes, engaging presentations, and thought-provoking experiences
- Generate new growth opportunities and ideas for the visual display and digital appliance business based on market insights
- Supervise and manage new concept development projects to discover emerging product, experience, and business opportunities for Samsung
- Manage internal and external projects to identify new market and consumer trends and translate into actionable product directions
- Build working-level relationships with internal research, design, engineering and product planning teams to solve critical issues related to new product development
- Manage multiple projects to drive innovation and creativity while maintaining schedule and budgetary guidelines
- Design and execute research plans to generate insights and answer key stakeholder questions
- Conduct secondary research on industry trends and market changes to inform innovation team leads, managing director of PIT and counterparts in headquarters
- Generate insights from analysis and synthesis of primary and secondary research
- Contribute to creative ideation process with multiple collaboration partners to generate new concept ideas
- Build presentations with creative assets, compelling narrative and coherent logic flow
- Build working-level relationships with internal research, design, engineering and product planning teams
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years of experience in product design, development, or management with strong project delivery expertise.
- Background in Customer Research environments required.
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior team members.
- Learning mindset with ability to ask provocative questions that uncover new ideas.
- Demonstrated empathy for consumer needs, mindsets, and behaviors.
- Eye for design that can turn a "napkin sketch" into a more polished concept.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative research by creating actionable frameworks.
- Ability to craft well-designed deliverables and documents in PowerPoint and Adobe CS.
- Good understanding of the new concept development process.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with top design, innovation, or business consulting or market research firms a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top