Senior Payroll Specialist.
- Plano, TX
Senior Payroll Specialist
The Samsung North America Shared Service Center Payroll Team is a dynamic, high-energy team providing top-tier payroll management to companies who Own the Unknown! If you are a customer service-oriented team player at heart, with keen attention to detail and a passion for problem solving, there is no better place for you than Samsung!
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, one of your key objectives in supporting our high volume processing is to improve accuracy and increase efficiency. In this role, we challenge you to bring your best on a daily basis and welcome your ideas for how to do things differently and better. You will use your well-rounded problem solving skills to creatively address workforce payment questions and collaborate with Samsung teams to foster an environment in which continuous improvement is the standard.
In pursuit of success, the NA SSC Payroll Team works cross-functionally with internal partners including Human Resources, HRIS and Benefits to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and related transactions.
At Samsung, you have the freedom to provide the expert support that makes our solutions stand out in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
Role and Responsibilities
- Fulfill day-to-day functions of the payroll service team including but not limited to: Kronos timecard maintenance, Workday HRIS data integrity, accurate payroll process management via UltiPro, time accrual management and auditing of data sets between various payroll source systems.
- Ensure Samsung company representatives utilize appropriate processing procedures within federal, state and local compliance regulations.
- Effectively manage relationships within defined SLAs while providing on-going research, resolution, product support and a superior customer experience to workers, HR, accounting, retirement program and benefits administrators, as well as payroll and timekeeping vendors.
- Act as the Level 2 Customer Experience team for payroll related inquiries submitted via Service Request ticketing system, phone and other various channels.
- Evaluate processes and procedural documents for increased efficiencies and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Manage leaves of absence and calculation of supplemental benefit payments.
- Mentor payroll specialists and employee support center representatives to elevate fundamental payroll knowledge.
- Support reoccurring and ad hoc reporting including production of basic to intermediate reporting to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead various project initiatives and influence results including collection of user requirements for system enhancements and solutions.
- Deliver business performance reviews and educational presentations to various audiences from front line employees to senior leadership.
- Sustain periodic and cumulative audit processes for monthly, quarterly and annual activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of US & CAN work experience in a payroll role, preferably in a 3rd party payroll or shared service environment.
- 4+ years in customer service related field and ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship skills.
- Experience with top tier payroll and HRIS systems (UltiPro, Kronos, Workday or similar).
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve requests using pre-defined and creative solutions.
- Expertly interpret, create and present a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Produce measurable results in a collaborative team environment as well as independently to manage time and priorities while achieving defined personal and team goals.
- Payroll audit, control, quality assurance and/or tax management experience.
- Payroll accounting experience including GL posting, accruals and reconciliation of payroll expenses.
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- APA Fundamental Payroll Certificate (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designations preferred.
- Canadian Payroll Association certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top