This role is requiring a special type of researcher, one who has holistic 360 research experience to evaluating an opportunity and identifying insight to discover engaging product opportunity areas. The candidate must have experience going on a project journey with research from inception through to completion. You must understand methodologies that support the entire product creation process (ex - product research, design research, UX research, strategic research, and consumer insights research).
In this role you will be helping design the future. Using research as a catalyst you will be evaluating people, their tools (in the form of product and tech), and how well their tools are working for them. You must learn people's broader goals/aspirations, their UX interactions, trends in the world and in user groups. In this role you will map the landscape of existing technology, markets, audiences and research emerging technology all in order to pinpoint future needs and possibilities.
The candidate must be familiar with and have experience with 'design thinking' as a path to product development. This will include working with product managers, designers, strategists, and technologists in the process of translating insights into use cases, experiences, and product opportunities. You must be comfortable sharing out research, and participating or leading workshops and presentations that bring this work to life.
Role and Responsibilities
- Heavy front-end strategy/category/product development research versus back-end product development research.
- A-Z experience with research - having hands-on, custom research, DIY approach, where you will be:
- Setting the Goals of Research Activities
- Creating Discussion Guides, Screeners, Survey's
- Actively Working with Remote Tools such as Qualtrics or D-Scout,
- Analyzing Interviews
- Facilitation of Interviews,
- Organizing and Giving Direction for Stimulus (as needed)
- Analyzing Trends and Signals (both qual. And quant.)
- Documenting Findings and/or Creating Stimulus (ex. Mood boards) to Support Brainstorming, Workshops and/or Presentations.
- Helping facilitate brainstorming activities with research/insight as a catalyst
- Evaluate, set goals and coordinate research vendors for ethnographic, quantitative, and/or user experience insights.
- Research approach will be a mix and may include:
- Usability Testing
- Category Mapping
- Features Deep Diving
- Jobs-to-be-done Evaluations
- Competitive Benchmarking
- Lifestyle research/deep dives
- Trends Analysis and Forecasting
- Comfortable working remote.
- Experience working with product makers - from designers to product managers to engineers.
- A self-starter, driven, strong relationship builder, passionate about learning and making a difference.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have at least 10+ years of hands on user research experience for bringing a product through conception through to market roll out
- Strong knowledge of Research techniques, both Quantitative and Qualitative
- Practiced/gone through design thinking process as part of development process (from manufacturer/developer/client side - not strictly design agency side.) Conducted research feeding design thinking process (i.e. research that feeds front end-blue sky product development).
- Experience working closely with product teams to define insights that resulted in successfully delivering products to market.
- Experience working-in emerging product categories - or on projects that were 'blue sky' focused where research was informing new idea's, products, use cases, unmet needs or capabilities versus optimizing existing concepts.
Relocation Packages are part of the offer for this Permanent position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.