Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning - Builder
- Hackensack, NJ
Home Appliance (HA) Builder SCM department is responsible for managing supply chain initiatives, forecasting, planning inventory and meeting delivery requirements including providing recommendations and solutions to the business team including Executives. The Senior Manager, Builder SCM is responsible for managing a wide range of products and will closely work with other leaders within Supply Chain group as well as Sales and Marketing. The Senior Manager will also manage strategic projects, generate reports for Executive Management, and provide insights and direction to cross functional team members. A key leadership position working within the supply chain department but also interfacing with Product marketing, sales and account management teams.
Role and Responsibilities
- Drive supply chain initiatives focused on enhanced sensing of sell through and channel inventory to provide insights, recommendations and solutions to the grow the business and manage risk.
- Propose and incubate new strategic planning tools to enhance/improve the current Supply Chain system reporting structure.
- Responsible for managing forecasting analytics for Builder and HQ initiative leveraging new processes and tools.
- Lead a balanced, collaborative relationship within Supply Chain group and externally with Marketing, Sales, and Logistics along with customers to consistently drive continued process improvement and meet objectives.
- Manage and guide the team on day to day operations, streamline and document processes, implement guidelines and elevate the team's productivity to align with company strategy
- Drive actions to achieve company objectives for improved customer service levels and inventory planning leveraging key customer channel data.
- Has a strong sense of urgency and compassion meeting customer expectations for delivery
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum 12-15 years of experience in Supply Chain or related operational field
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures related to Supply Chain
- Process oriented with ability to problem solve and think outside of the box.
- Strong project management skills; ability to connect all requirements from various departments
- Proficient in multi-tasking, prioritizing, communicating and adapting to change
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel to analyze large sets of data; Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to adapt between internal and external teams
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and move with the urgency as needed
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; Professional and positive attitude
- Experience to independently manage presentations to Executives and Customers.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Travel required 10-15%.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top