N2- RAN T3 SME
- Plano, TX
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for 4G/5G RAN Subject Matter Expert (SME) Junior System Engineers to join our Wireless Network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation engineers to introduce Samsung products & solutions to Wireless Carriers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the introduction of new Radio Access Network products and features introductions, systems engineering, and performance analysis.
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on the introduction of new technologies and features including virtualized networks.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team for all RAN scheduler related features.
- Accountable for field integration and test efforts of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification and analysis, and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for hands on analysis of network performance issues (i.e. air interface, scheduler, L2/L3 call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network performance expectations.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and SW bugs by analyzing UE and eNB/gNB logs.
- Works closely with various support organizations, developments teams and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs.
- Key contributor in driving technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of wireless knowledge/experience
- Experience with SW development is beneficial, especially in C/C++, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
- Good to have understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, new waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies, etc.
- Good to have 4G/5G LTE Call Processing and in-depth knowledge of PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols
- Knowledge of 5G and 4G air interface and EN-DC network architecture and call processing technologies; specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Understanding of 3GPP systems and standards: RAN and Core networks
- Good to have: experience on system engineering projects to include one of the following: technical requirements identification, technical solutions to address requirements, technical description documentation with details including parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation and problem troubleshooting.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Experience with protocol analyzers and simulation environments like MATLAB, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators is beneficial
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to work with a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted
objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top