N1-Tier 2 - Regional USM Lead Engineer
- Nashville, TN
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers with innovative technology and market-leading products and solutions in areas like 5G.
The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be. We are looking for a 4G LTE / 5G NR Tier 2 Network Support Regional Lead to join our Wireless Networks team. You will be a key contributor being technical interface, on-site to customer market teams. You will have your finger on the pulse of the customer's regional network. You will be responsible for the regional customer network support and relationship. Additionally, you'll be a subject matter expert on Samsung's virtualized Element Management Server (EMS) and help to educate our customer's in the region on the product. Additionally, you may assist the RET and eNB configurations, help to improve the network health, make product improvement recommendations and repair the network.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for customer relationships in the regional customer market and an advocate for Samsung Network Support
- Ability to lead a 24x7 support team to maintain a high performing customer network
- Strong customer focus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Lead calls with customers on technical discussions and ensuring issues are resolved to their satisfaction
- Strong knowledge and experience with 4G / 5G 3GPP technologies
- Good knowledge of RAN Element Management Systems (EMS) and protocols
- Experience with management server installations in customer central offices
- Knowledge of RET configurations
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed for commercial network outages and network performance issues within the region
- Experience working with development teams to communicate customer enhancement requirements
- Experience with wireless network architecture, protocols, RF optimization and standards
- Knowledge of wireless network deployments, installation and commissioning
- Be able to review various Engineering MOPs and identify missing steps or issues
- Assist in resolution of high severity issues to meet SLA requirements 24x7
- Willing to travel to customer locations within your region often by automobile
- Success Criteria
- Lead a team to support maintain a high performing network
- Ability to provide in person guidance and support to customers at their premise anywhere within the region
- Once trained, provide effective support of EMS questions from the customer with minimal support from others on the support team
- Assist the regional support teams located in Plano, TX. with high severity events, ticket resolution and focused customer engagement to resolve issue
- Other Skills:
- Develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on outages or market performance issues (e.g., throughput, accessibility, sustainability, handovers (Intra/X2/S1), capacity and coverage)
- Familiar with RLC/MAC layer, different types of control channel and traffic channels, network access procedures, power control, handover algorithms, QoS types, TDD/FDD modes, HARQ/ARQ concepts, etc.
- Background / Experience Desired:
- Senior level customer support experience with mobile wireless network carriers
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience working with 4G / 5G wireless Network Management or Element Management Systems in an SME role
- Previous experience working in a wireless field engineer with a Tier1 carrier
- Previous experience in a support role with a leading network equipment manufacture
- Necessary Skills and attributes:
- The ability to plan, organize and lead multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining team objectives and one personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to
- interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
- Physical/Mental Demands:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top