N1-Regional RF Engineer III
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers with innovative technology and market-leading products and solutions in areas like 5G. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- 8+ years of professional experience in Engineering: 3+ years for LTE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions
- Must be knowledgeable about development tools
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification and analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for handling deep technical discussion with team members and leading to right direction
- Responsible for hands on analysis of network performance issues (i.e. air interface, call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network optimization expectations
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results.
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
- Work with the Network Engineering and Operations Teams on the cell site's antenna and RF equipment configuration and database parameters
- Communicate PA team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Master's Degree or Ph. D. Degree a plus; 15+ years' work experience in the wireless industry
- Solid understanding all technical problems in LTE
- Successful track record defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.
- A solid understanding of RF fundamentals and data network protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of CDMA/EVDO and LTE/Volte/5G technologies
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation
- Advanced working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual in Korean is a PLUS
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top