N1-RAN EMS-OSS Senior Systems Engineer
- Plano, TX
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone.
Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization Senior Systems engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction on Openstack/Kubernetes VM and Container based vRAN/vCU/vDU virtualization strategies.
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on OAMP, FCAPS technologies and protocols.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production.
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers' network business
- Educate our customers on Samsung's new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS in engineering with 10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years' experience is preferred
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: RAN and Core networks, architecture and protocols
- Must have experience with RAN Virtualization solutions - vRAN/vCU/vDU Management/OAMP design and development in wireless networks
- Must have experience with FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Performance, Security) management of RAN elements (vRAN/vCU/vDU) in wireless networks
- Must have experience in working with R&D team, finalize the feature Roadmaps and presenting deepdive sessions to the customer
- Experience in High Availability and redundancy systems
- Detailed understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models, REST APIs, and VES (Virtual Event Streaming).
- Must have experience in authoring the vRAN/vCU/vDU SW upgrade MOPs and working with the customer to execute MOPs in the commercial network
- Must have experience in authoring the RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) of high severity issues in the commercial network and presenting RCAs to the customer
- Detailed understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
- Document best practices in developing and deploying Openstack/Kubernetes solutions
- Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
- Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
- Hands on experience in managing VMware vCenter or RedHat Director environments.
- Hands on experience in managing VMware production environment comprising of 100+ hosts
- Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
- Detailed understanding in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
- Detailed understanding in managing HA environments in the cloud within and across telecom data centers. (ie: experience with NEC HA Cluster)
- Good exposure towards public (AWS, Azure) and private / on-prime cloud installation and configuration
- Working experience with vendors like HPE, Dell, Cisco etc., with broad knowledge and understanding of various hardware technologies (Blade servers, Rack Servers, UCS etc.)
- Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
- Experience in understanding customer requirement and work on plan / design /deploy / manage the infrastructure
- Good to have experience in working with Pre-Sales technical teams for the RFP responses.
- Good to have experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining one's personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top