N1-4G/5G RAN Tier 3 Engineer
- Plano, TX
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for a 4G/5G RAN Tier3 Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a Tier3 Engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for troubleshooting and issue resolution in Samsung 4G and 5G products to ensure all customer tickets are addressed in pre-defined SLAs.
- Responsible for end-to-end performance assurance to ensure company's 4G and 5G products (DU, RU, CU and AU) are fully compliant with customer's network design.
- Conduct trials and tune parameters to improve the overall network performance and propose optimized parameters and present to customer and other groups with detailed reports.
- Issue resolution in multi-vendor deployment across numerous interfaces, including Open CPRI (ORAN), S1-MME and S1-U IOT with incumbent EPC vendors.
- Evaluate the network performance by trending and analyzing key KPIs.
- Conduct deep-dive customer sessions for RCA reviews.
- Collaborate with HQ development and other teams to ensure issue resolution, customer product requirements and/or performance compliance.
- Present technical and non-technical ideas in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings.
- Responsible for leading all technical discussions on Samsung products/scheduler related features with several customer vertical organization including 4G/5G RAN Development groups and RAN performance groups.
- Author technical proposals, Technical research and white papers, Operator network design.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross-functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve network performance.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 6+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Masters is preferred
- Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with In depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U, X2, RLC, MAC, PHY protocols and understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc .
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation and performance improvements (KPIs). Good understanding of scheduler functionality is beneficial.
- Experience with scripting languages and programming languages (C language) and mutli-core programming will be beneficial.
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specification for LTE/LTE-A/5G features and Protocols, experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Working knowledge of various RF antenna technologies & network optimizations.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts within organization and in customer meetings is preferred.
Necessary Skills and attributes:
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining one's personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top