N1 New Grad Performance Assurance Engineer
- Plano, TX
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
As a Performance Assurance Engineer, you will work under the coaching of Senior and Lead engineers to analyze Samsung's deployed network elements. You will utilize skills to query database to extract data, use skills in Python or R to analyze data such that you can identify 4G/5G network infrastructure issues and, build dashboards using Tableau to communicate your findings with your team and peers
Role and Responsibilities
- Recent graduate or 0-2 years of professional experience in Engineering, ability to work with large datasets using strong statistical methods
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to define 4G/5G KPI measurement methodologies and targets (KPI, KQI) for 4G/5G RAN product acceptance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to help build products that help utilize large amount of structured & unstructured data in analyzing network performance
- Utilize A/B testing to build robust mechanism for product & feature performance analysis, for evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders using visualizations and/or other suitable methods
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation using analytics/data science to drive intelligent business decisions.
- Work with the team to proactively define and interpret data/metrics/KPIs, analyze results, and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends and opportunities for all the 4G/5G RAN products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts, and complex in a easy-to-follow progression
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment and, support management initiatives
Background & Competencies Required:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree in Data Science or a related Data Engineering, or equivalent experience is beneficial
- Technical knowledge of any wireless technology & procedures including CDMA/EVDO/LTE/Volte and/or 5G
- Must possess qualities of being curious and eagerness to learn
- Experience with evaluating service performance trends and proactively defining RAN system performance related issues
- Experience with data visualization and ability to quickly grasp statistical methods, and methodologies. Maintain a strong command of current data analytics technology trends, including emerging paradigms and practices
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts (distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals) and experience applying to real-world applications
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environmentPhysical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time in an office work environment
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
Skills and Qualifications
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top