N1 - National RF II
- Richardson, TX
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for an RF Systems engineer to join our LTE/5G engineering team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design. You will design and plan wireless radio communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, interference analysis, frequency coordination, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition, and ancillary equipment You will provide suggestions and analysis of large wireless network performance. You will assist in the Deployment and Optimization of these networks You will need to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. You will use your expertise to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. You will interact across multifunctional groups and with customers driving the ownership of those relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and assists in the simulation of wireless systems using various commercial tools.
- Conduct and assists in the design and performs test plans to ensure accurate and consistent product testing
- Perform systems testing, verification and work to resolve issues related to new Radio product offerings
- Follow established testing processes and procedures to ensure reliability, accuracy and thorough gathering and analysis of data
- Writes noncomplex code to automate test set-ups and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of existing, current and newly developed base station products and components
- Assist with creation of Test Plan, Trouble Reports, automation scripts, MOP, etc. & generate of problem reports, and insuring the satisfactory resolution of all problems
- Interface with software/hardware design groups and provides assistance for their activities of debugging and resolution
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies through attendance and participation at conferences and by reading technical journals, publications and Website technical resources.
- Prepares reports, compiles and analyzes data, and engineering information for the effective communication of processes, results, plans, recommendations and conclusion
- Lead remote technical teams for short term projects
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering with 4-8 years of directly related experience required.
- Prior experience in telecommunications engineering activities a plus
- Must be able to write, read, analyze and interpret technical journals and procedures
- Must be able to support presentation of technical information in various business settings to audiences of varying backgrounds Strong knowledge in LTE Air Interface , PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project -50%
Necessary Skills and attributes:
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales and simultaneous performance objectives. Work independently in determining ones personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. Make professional technical sales presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements. Develop accurate proposals and designs to meet customer needs.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top